Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Cygwin fails to utilize Unicode replacement character

On Sun, 2 Sep 2018 10:07:10, Thomas Wolff wrote:
Actually, the width problem I suggested in my other response (and even referring to the wrong character) does not apply as mintty enforces proper width in that case. Also, even with fonts that do not provide the glyph, you will usually still see it by the Windows font fallback mechanism.
Shall I make it configurable?

your call - here are the possible resolutions - in order of my preference:

1. Change the default to U+FFFD with no option
2. Change the default to U+FFFD with option to change
3. Leave default as is with option to change