release schedule and a problem on getopt_long.

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Sat Jun 22 22:46:00 GMT 2002

Kazuhiro Fujieda wrote:

> By the way, I seemed to find a problem in getopt_long causing
> a trouble for cygpath and strace. I'm tracking down it now.
> Please wait a moment for the release of 1.3.11.

Speaking of cygwin's getopt implementation, I recently ran in to a
problem with gettext.  It failed its own selftests when using cygwin's
implementation, because cygwin's version hardcodes POSIXLY_CORRECT,
which prevents reordering arguments.  Gettext's test suite depends on
reordering.

Not really a problem; I simply linked in gettext's copy of the GNU
version of the getopt functions.  But. I am curious why cygwin's
implementation forces POSIXLY_CORRECT.  Anybody know?

--Chuck