init and agetty packages available for review/upload.

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Mon Nov 11 21:27:00 GMT 2002

>> Corinna -- please add a skip: command to sysvinit's setup.hint (and give
>> me write perms on the file).  We don't want sysvinit to appear in
>> setup.ini until after I've uploaded the new version of cygutils, since
>> there is a conflict over the last and utmpdump commands.
>>
>> I'll be uploading a new version of cygutils that does not have those
>> files later today, and I'll remove the skip: command at that time.
>

 > You should have permissions to do this already, Chuck.

Nope -- I wouldn't have asked if I did.  But its obviously too late now,
its already been replicated to the mirrors.

-rw-rw-r--    1 corinna  cygnus        414 Nov 10 07:40 setup.hint

[cwilson@sourceware sysvinit]$ groups
cygwin src cygwin-apps

I'm not a member of the cygnus group.

In any case, I'll be uploading a new cygutils without last.exe and
utmpdump.exe soon.  Folks who have already installed sysvinit will have
to reinstall it after upgrading cygutils.  I tried.  Sigh.

BTW, I had found that the following was necessary in cygutil's
postinstall script when I added last and utmpdump to cygutils.  Now that
those programs are in sysvinit, sysvinit's /etc/postinstall script
should contain these commands (that's /etc/postinstall/sysvinit.sh, not
/usr/bin/init-config):

#!/bin/sh
if [ ! -d /var/run ] ; then \
   mkdir -p /var/run ;